Senior Associate - Billing (Temp)
- Finance - (WHO) Accounting 4055
- Whippany, NJ, USA
At ConnectiveRx we simplify how people get and stay on medications by providing information, savings and access. Bringing industry leadership from pharma services, e-prescribing network services, retail pharmacy and commercial payers to deliver healthcare affordability and adherence solutions excellence. We work with over 150 pharmaceutical manufacturers and serve hundreds of brands at all stages of the product lifecycle.
We are looking to hire an interim / temp Senior Associate in our accounting department with strong billing experience for a 3-4 month assignment.
The Senior Associate, Billing will preparee client invoices, supports accurate and efficient billing processes and the financial close. Other responsibilities include day to day operations of business reporting and billing departments, including but not limited to entering data, verifying data, generating reports, and system administration of the revenue forecasting application.
- Prepare bills and invoices and verify billing with Accounts Receivable ledger. Clients must be invoices timely and accurately to avoid any cash flow issues. Each client requests a different style of invoicing, so templates have been produced to each of their standards. Knowledge of accounts receivable, unbilled revenue, deferred revenue, and revenue is key for this position.
- Process changes in information system to support accurate and efficient billing process and financial close. The accounting general ledger system is under constant maintenance as new client, products, etc. are being added to the company. Without proper maintenance, accurate reporting can't be issued to internal management.
- Supports and contributes to revenue forecast analysis processes. Serves as system administrator for the Salesforce.com application. Develops custom reports for Sales, makes system enhancements as needed and uploads revenue related data from other systems used within the business. Handles all Salesforce.com training requests and training documentation.
- Develop full understanding of requirements for interfacing with client's invoicing systems. Some clients have online invoicing portals that invoices need to be uploaded to accurately. To avoid payment issues the analyst will need to show undivided attention to the client portals.
- Assists in the monthly close activities surrounding revenue recognition. One of the main focuses of the company is year over year revenue growth. This can't be achieved without proper revenue recognition.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Substantial understanding of the job and the business, and applies knowledge to complete a wide range of tasks.
Identifying and implementing process improvements.
Commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures related to billing, accounts receivable management and financial analysis.
Intermediate Excel including use of If-Then, V-Lookup, Pivot Tables.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
5-7 years of related billing experience
Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with clients and internal stakeholders, record of organizational abilities
Excellent attention to detail, good oral communications skills.
Must be able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment and collaborate efficiently as a team member