- Operations - (WHO) Advanced Analytics 4805
- Whippany, NJ, USA
- Full Time
ConnectiveRx simplifies how patients get on and stay on their medications. The company provides technology and analytics-enabled solutions to over 125 branded and specialty pharmaceutical manufacturers that accelerate speed-to-therapy and improve patient adherence. We help doctors and pharmacists become aware of medications and reduce barriers for patient care by providing educational messaging, financial assistance and concierge support with their prescriptions. ConnectiveRx has 800+ team members with major offices located in New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St. Louis and Los Angeles.
Analytics is a highly leveraged team which includes Data Science, Business Intelligence and Client Insight capabilities. We leverage structured data from 2 billion annual prescription transactions from 190 million patients and unstructured data from our call centers, claims and customers. About 1/3rd of our team are Ph. Ds and we have office teams in suburban New Jersey (Whippany) and Philadelphia (Blue Bell) locations. For more information, visit www.connectiverx.com.
About The Job
Apply Data Science to create business and social impact by helping patients get on and stay on their medications. According to the Annals of Internal Medicine, improving medication adherence has the potential to save 125,000 lives and $100-$300 billion in health care costs annually. Financial costs are one of the leading reasons patients don't take their medication and we partner with manufacturers to help patients to offset these costs, and apply data science to enable these programs to reach more patients and help them get on and stay on therapy:
- Research, design, simulate and/or prototype new algorithmic product designs based on business needs. Initial focus on optimizing the speed, impact and cost of financial assistance delivered to the patient while minimizing risk of fraud or abuse of benefits.
- Develop and deploy supervised and unsupervised machine learning models on Amazon Web Services. Our call centers & live programs generate abundant, real-time training data for supervised models. We also leverage A/B testing and observational test designs to validate unsupervised models experimentally.
- Apply SQL, data cleaning, visualization and clustering techniques to gain insight into and munge data sets for use in modeling.
- Spend a significant amount of time collaborating with customers to brainstorm hypotheses, leverage unique data sets, conduct trial analyses and share results at key milestones. Being customer-centric is a key company value informing all we do including data science
- Actively seek out a broad understanding of the ConnectiveRx services, data sets and value proposition aligning design efforts with that context.
- Work independently with minimal supervision but high accountability.
Qualifications for This Position
- 0-2 years of experience, advanced degree in a highly quantitative field such as computer science, data science, statistics, econometrics, operations research, applied math or physical science required.
- Coding proficiency in SQL, Python and at least one common Machine Learning framework e.g. Sci-Kit Learn, Tensorflow.
- Experience improving data quality through cleansing, normalizing and transforming both structured and un-structured data and utilizing master reference data when appropriate.
- Collaborative problem-solver able to scope definition of success with non-technical end users, incorporate input from subject-matter experts and iterate on project deliverables to meet committed milestones.
- Experience in payments (banking or credit cards) and/or life sciences is preferred but not required.