VP, Business Development - Patient Hub Services
- Commercial - (WHO) BD-Dowd Business Unit 4870
- Whippany, NJ, USA
- Full Time
At ConnectiveRx we simplify how people get and stay on medications by providing information, savings and access. Formed in 2015 with a merger between PSKW and PDR bring industry leadership from pharma services, e-prescribing network services, retail pharmacy and commercial payers to deliver healthcare affordability and adherence solutions excellence. We work with over 150 pharmaceutical manufacturers and serve hundreds of brands at all stages of the product lifecycle.
We are looking to hire a Vice President, Business Development (VPBD) to close hub-services contracts with new customers.
For each specific contract opportunity, the VPBD will join the sales process as it nears the decision phase (e.g., serious buyers, RFP, pricing, pre-pricing vetting, etc.) and will lead the final effort to win the business. As a hub services content expert, the VPBD will also support the development of company sales and marketing plans, including the conception and creation new ideas and tools for ConnectiveRx. The VPBD will also represent ConnectiveRx hub expertise within the industry and will provide appropriate sales forecasts for annual plan.
The position reports to our Whippany, NJ office but ideally the candidate would be based near our Pittsburgh, PA office. However we are open to strong candidates on the East coast or who have the ability to travel often and easily.
• Close hub-services contracts with new customers by managing the hub opportunity process with identified/qualified clients through the contracting phase, including (a) management of the opportunity process after initial ID/qualification, (b) high level of coordination with BD team, operations, account management, project managers, solutions architects, SMEs, etc, to provide education, optimal program design, RFP response, operational & implementation models, timelines, and other deliverables to the client in support of purchase decision, and (c) program transition after the contract award including smooth handoff to account management and operations.
• Serve as an SME for the provision of hub services within ConnectiveRx. As a hub services content expert, the VPBD will support the development of company sales and marketing plans, including the conception and creation new ideas and tools for ConnectiveRx, conferring on hub-services white papers and other marketing materials, continued education on the hub market, regular communication with operations, BD, product management, and account management to stay apprised of current issues and trends. The VPBD will provide input to product management in support of new product development, and/or assisting in periodic market research initiatives.
• Represent ConnectiveRx as a hub-services thought leader, including attending and speaking at relevant industry events, networking and client development at hub conferences, and authoring articles and opinion pieces.
• Provide detailed sales forecasts for annual plan and periodic updates of current business and forecasted new programs including 12 month rolling sales forecast.
Advanced knowledge of hub & patient support operations.
Advanced knowledge of payment issues & trends relative to the specialty pharmaceutical market, including both medically and pharmacy reimbursed medications.
Negotiation skills and ability to make sound business arguments to influence external decision makers.
Strong communication skills
Ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations
BA/BS Degree required; MBA a plus
8+ years progressively responsible related experience in closing large and complicated contracts, contract negotiation, network development and provider relations
Team focus, collaborator, self-motivated; collaborative management style to foster strong inter-departmental relationships